Birthdays and holidays aren’t the only occasions reserved for a heartfelt note.†It takes practice to learn how to recognize the almost endless stream of†occasions that warrant a congratulations card. Let’s explore the top six reasons to send out a congratulations card.
Image via Flickr by Mirra fotograf og kunst
Pregnancy and the birth of a baby are terrific reasons to send a congratulatory greeting. Adding another family member is one of the happiest times for many couples. If you’re privileged enough to be on the welcoming committee, send a heartfelt wish that says:
- So happy for you both!
- Welcome to the world, little one!
- I can’t wait to see that sweet little smile.
Knowing what to write in a congratulations card for an engagement can be a challenge. If you know someone who recently got engaged or married, send them a message with your warmest thoughts, such as:
- Wishing you a happy engagement and a lifetime of love.
- It’s about time.†Hooray!
- Glad to hear you two decided to put a ring on it.
Kudos for a job well done are customary for friends and family members who earn a promotion at work. It’s always a nice gesture to congratulate people who are making their way up the corporate ladder. Mention their triumph by writing something like:
- Congratulations on your well-deserved success.
- I knew you’d accomplish great things.
- Good luck in your exciting new position.
Retirement brings out a variety of emotions. This major life event comes with a mixture of smiles and tears, excitement and uncertainty. If someone you know, such as your mentor, professor, or even your parent, announces their plans to retire, get out your pen and paper and start crafting a congratulation’s card with phrases like:
- It’s been a privilege working with you.
- Congratulations on a standout career.
- Here’s to my favorite new retiree!
Once you’ve got your degree in hand, the next step is to land a job. If you’ve recently graduated, many of your classmates are likely celebrating this success. You don’t want to sound redundant, so what do you write in a congratulations card for so many friends and colleagues who are sharing the same accomplishment? Use these suggestions:
- Enjoy your new career.
- I’m going to miss you around here.
- Cheers to your continued success in your new role.
Some talented business majors leave the dorm and head right into managing their own small company. If you’ve got a friend or colleague who made the leap to become their own boss, let them know how impressed you are by sending a congratulations card. Include†phrases like:
- Congratulations on your new venture.
- I wish you growth and success in your business.
- You’re going to achieve remarkable things with your budding enterprise.
People have so many reasons to send a congratulations card, and each one will make the recipient feel important. The next time you find yourself in one of these six scenarios, use these tips to nail your greeting and look like the hero you are.