ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) was founded in November 2002 and is a not-for-profit association legally registered in Belgium. ISTQB (International Software Testing Qualifications Board) has defined the “ISTQB Certified Tester” scheme that has become the worldwide leader in the certification of competencies in software testing. ISTQB is an organization based on volunteer work by hundreds of international testing experts.
THE current ISTQB product portfolio follows a Matrix approach characterized by
Levels, that identify progressively increasing learning objectives
Streams, that identify clusters of certification modules:
ISTQB Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer Certification Track
|Foundation CTFL||Advanced CTAL|
|Eligibility||None but 6 months of professional testing experience is desirable||Candidates must hold the Foundation Certificate|
|Sub Exams||None||Technical Test AnalystTest AnalystTest ManagerThere is a separate paper for each sub-level. Candidates must pass all of the above 3 exams to get the “Advance Level” certificate|
|No. Of Questions||40||65|
|Exam Duration||60 minutes||180 minutes|
Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer
The Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer qualification is aimed at people who have already achieved an advanced point in their careers in software testing and wish to develop further their expertise in automation testing. The modules offered at the Advanced Level cover a wide range of testing topics.
What are the entry criteria?
To get the Advanced Level certification, candidates must hold the Foundation Certificate and have sufficient practical experience.
Advanced Level testers who have passed the “Advanced Test Automation Engineer” module exam should be able to accomplish the following Business Objectives:
- Contribute to the development of a plan to integrate automated testing within the testing process
- Evaluate tools and technology for automation best fit to each project and organization.
- Create an approach and methodology for building a test automation architecture (TAA).
- Design and develop (new or modified) test automation solutions that meet the business needs.
- Enable the transition of testing from a manual to an automated approach.
- Create automated test reporting and metrics collection.
- Manage and optimize testing assets to facilitate maintainability and address evolving (test) systems.
Certified Advanced Test Automation Engineers should be able to demonstrate their skills in the following areas:
- Explain the objectives, advantages, disadvantages, and limitations of test automation.
- Identify technical success factors of a test automation project.
- Analyze a system under test to determine the appropriate automation solution.
- Analyze test automation tools for a given project and report technical findings and recommendations.
- Understand “design for testability” and “design for test automation” methods applicable to the SUT.
- Explain the structure of the Generic Test Automation Architecture.
- Analyze factors of implementation, use, and maintenance requirements for a given Test Automation Solution.
- Explain the factors to be considered when identifying the reusability of components.
- Apply guidelines that support effective test tool pilot and deployment activities.
- Analyze deployment risks and identify technical issues that could lead to failure of the test automation project, and plan mitigation strategies.
- Understand which factors support and affect maintainability.
- Classify metrics that can be used to monitor the test automation strategy and effectiveness.
- Explain how a test execution report is constructed and published.
- Apply criteria for determining the suitability of tests for automation.
- Understand the factors in transitioning from manual to automation testing.
- Explain the factors to consider in implementing automated regression testing, new feature testing, and confirmation testing.
- Verify the correctness of an automated test environment including test tool setup.
- Verify the correct behavior for a given automated test script and/or test suite.
- Analyze the technical aspects of a deployed test automation solution and provide recommendations for improvement.
The Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer exam will is comprised of 40 multiple choice questions, with a pass mark grade of 65% to be completed within 90 minutes. Participants that take the exam, not in their spoken language, will receive an additional 25% time and will have 23 minutes more, or a total of 113 min.
|Module||Number of questions||Exam length (minutes)||Exam length+25% (minutes)|
|Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer||40||90||113|
Exams may be taken as part of a course delivered by an Accredited Training Provider or taken independently at an examination center or in a public exam.
Preparing For The Exam
ISTQB certifications are highly technical credentials that require hands-on experience and proper technical level knowledge of the subject. Preparing for these kinds of the exam is a little bit complex and different from the routine exams. The candidate is advised to make a proper preparation plan based on the latest exam objectives and the course content by the exam vendor (ISTQB in this case). A timeframe should be set for the preparation of the exam. Daily allocation of time and defining daily, weekly and monthly goals is the best way to prepare for the exam without getting overburdened at any particular point in time. The updated study material for the ISTQB CTAL-TAE exam can be obtained from ExamOut.co at an affordable price.
The complete study material package for the ISTQB CTAL-TAE exam by ExamOut.co consists of PDF study guides and a Testing Engine designed according to the ISTQB guidelines. The training material offered by ExamOut.co is covered by a money-back guarantee for sure success in the ISTQB CTAL-TAE exam. The braindumps by ExamOut.co gives you the real exam experience. The professionally designed updated and accurate training material combined with the dedication and hard work leads you to definite success in the ISTQB CTAL-TAE exam. This exam is part of the requirement for Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer certification.
The International Software Testing Qualifications Board (ISTQB) is a non-profit international software testing certification body. ISTQB is a world leader in the validation of the skills of Software testing professionals. ISTQB certifications are considered to be valuable credentials in the field of software testing. CTAL-TAE Exam is part of the requirement for the Advanced Level Test Automation Engineer Certification. This professional-level certification is a widely acceptable job-oriented credential in the software testing domain.