Parents should teach kids the importance or role of vitamins in life either by themselves or by taking help from LMS portals. Vitamin D offers many health benefits. A right of vitamin D intake is fundamental to living a healthy life. From the fetal stage until death, the proper vitamin D intake is essential.
Lack of vitamin D in children may lead to many health issues. Some of them are- lack of proper development, rickets, etc.
Consuming 400 IU of vitamin D daily decreases the chances of having rickets in kids, adults, and older people. Newborn babies are suggested to give direct exposure to sunlight to fulfill the need for vitamin D in the body – Recommended by the American Academy of Pediatrics.
Vitamin D decreases the chance of contamination, so it is vital to choose the right amount of vitamin D supplements. So! Parents should give the right supplement with the proper guidance of the doctor.
- After two months of taking vitamin D supplements, go for a test to check the vitamin D level in your child’s body.
- If the report says that vitamin D content is not up to the limit, consult the doctor and give the supplements as required. (the required
vitamin D level in the human body is 40-80 mg/ ml)
Ways to Find Vitamin D Naturally And How Does It Work for kids?
Vitamin D can be taken from supplements and improved foods. For example- milk, grain, yogurt, margarine, and squeezed orange. There are many sources from which you can intake vitamin D.
Talking about work or the role of vitamin D, we can say that vitamin D breaks fat in the body rather than water. Vitamin D contains all the receptors all through the body, which could be helpful from the health point of view.
Facts About Vitamin D
- Vitamin D’s primary function is to digest calcium, which helps develop the body and provides support.
- Glucose digestion and insulin creation, therefore, helps to keep diabetes in control.
- In kids, vitamin D is the source of calcium and phosphorus, which also helps to make their bones strong.
- vitamin D are of two types-
- Vitamin D2, also known as ergocalciferol and is found in all plants.
- Vitamin D6, also known as cholecalciferol and is present in our body.
- It is not 100% true that playing or sitting under the sunlight and drinking milk will help you to complete your vitamin D deficiency in your body.
- With the help of vitamin D, our body retains the minerals like calcium which makes our bones and teeth strong.
- Vitamin D is considered a hormone, which helps in cell development.
- Vitamin D reduces the chance of rickets, which promotes bone crack.
- According to a recent survey, Children suffering from vitamin D deficiency generally suffer from mood swings.
- Vitamin D rich foods-
- half large eggs that have 10 IU of vitamin D.
- Yogurt of 6 ounces has 80 IU of vitamin D.
- Half container of squeezed orange that has 50 IU of vitamin D.
Vitamin D is an essential vitamin for our body. Keeping this in mind, I have discussed some crucial facts and the health benefits of vitamin D in our bodies in this article. As children alone cannot meet the daily demand for vitamin D, So! Parents must choose the right supplements for them and in the proper ratio. However, parents can teach online the benefits of Vitamin D, so kids stay a little careful.