Table of Contents
Part-time degree study involves acquiring qualifications by attending classes at your convenience, be it in the evening, morning or any other time of the day. There are many part-time modes of study in Singapore and can fit anyone’s schedule and the time available to attend online classes.
ADVANTAGES OF PART-TIME DEGREE STUDY
- It is flexible. When it comes to the study timetable, you get to be your own boss and can actually determine when to study, how much time to spend studying it, and how fast you want to study it. This gives you an edge compared to the full-time study of a degree where you need to conform to rules
- Part-time study of degrees in Singapore gives you time to explore other interests and grab other exciting opportunities at the college level, especially if it?s your first degree
- Part-time degree in Singapore is pocket friendly. Many students are aware of how costly a regular degree can be in Singapore, and therefore, the fact that you can study part-time is a money saver, and college loans do not burden many students
- Part-time degree study is vital for the already employed students. Your CV becomes more impressive, and it can actually save you from career redundancy given that most people in the Singapore workforce have impressive CVs.
- Part-time degree study is a golden chance for students in the workforce because they don?t need to quit their job to pursue a degree. Classes can actually be arranged for their convenience.
DISADVANTAGES OF PART-TIME DEGREE IN SINGAPORE.
- A part-time degree can drag for a long time, given that few courses are usually undertaken. A four-year course can drag for up to eight years, increasing the chance of giving up on the degree altogether, which can be a frustration to an individual. A lot of patience is required in order to pursue a part-time degree in Singapore.
- For those already in the workforce, juggling a career and a part-time degree can be mind-boggling, and one of them will end up not being done as expected because of constantly trying to take on the two.
- Most of the time in Singapore, scholarships are not awarded to those taking a part-time course in a certain discipline because they will assume that you will not be fully dedicated to it because of the commitment that have made you to undertake it unless the degree is in the same discipline, for instance, a doctor doing research work in medicine.
- A slight change in the schedule can lead to missing some classes because for part-time study, every learning opportunity is utilized, and if you miss a lecture, it can be very tricky to recover it.
THE BEST COURSES TO STUDY FOR PART-TIME DEGREE IN SINGAPORE.
-Hotel management and hospitality
-Business courses e.g. banking and finance
-IT-related courses e.g programming
-Creative arts and design courses
-Culture, literature and foreign languages
All is said and done, Part-time degrees in Singapore have enabled people to realize their dreams of acquiring different degrees, which has catapulted their careers to very high levels and also, for most who thought it impossible have been able to realize their dreams.