Everyone loves to grill and most people grill on every other public holiday. No matter the occasion, grilling is an easy way to prepare some savory snacks that you can enjoy with your loved ones. With different types of foods available to grill, you can prepare almost everything on the grill(or on the electric smoker) such as beef, chicken, fish, pork, and even some vegetables. Having grilled food offers additional health benefits as it reduces calorie content. Grilling is a method of dry heat cooking your food that involves heat applied from above, below, or even from the sides on the surface of the food. Food cooked on the grill is quick and efficient, which is a great thing when you have people over. Grilling has brought together communities and families to enjoy some juicy, smoky, flavorful meat cooked over the flames. With different techniques out there, you don’t require a high-end device to grill. A simple grill will be enough, although you must learn how to adjust the temperature according to the meat and the thickness of the meat you use. Read on to know the benefits and some surprising facts about grilling.
Benefits of Grilling
- Time: Grilling can be a quick way to cook, because of the high heat.
- Taste: Grilled foods are juicy and packed with flavor
- Texture: Grilled texture of your meat is loved by many as it will be filled with juices of the meat
- Nutrition: Grilling is very nutritional as it offers low calories and also very little oil is required while cooking.
8 Fun Surprising Grilling Facts That You Haven’t Heard Before
- The love of grilling has been going about ever since the stone age people cooked food over the fire about 1.8 million years ago. In fact, according to some researchers, fast residue inside pottery shards and burn marks have shown evidence towards a barbeque style roasting.
- If you live in the US and you are an owner of a grill. You are among the 75% of US adults who own a grill and love grilling. About 62% of people own a gas grill, 53% own a charcoal grill and about 12% own an electric grill. With people constantly thinking about grilling, about 8% are thinking of purchasing a grill this year. Kenmore grills are perfect for a family that doesn’t do much outdoor cooking. The founder of Kenmore Grills has received top ratings from multiple leading consumer magazines. Read more here.
- People who live in the US, grill or BBQ on many occasions or public holidays. The most popular days are Independence day with 76% grillers. Followers by Labor Day and Memorial day, birth at 62%. Lastly, Fathers day and Mothers Day too is celebrated with grilling and family get-togethers.
- The most common food item that people grill is burgers. WIth 85% people hold beef as their most popular food while stakes some second place with 80%. Followed by hotdog and chicken in common items.
- The most popular sauce used for grilling or BBQ is HIckory. Followed by mesquite, honey, and tomato-based sauces.
- In 2017, 336 people got together in Kansas City to create a Guinness Book of World Records. The group of people learned how to grill a prime rib, roasted garlic, and herb pork chops. It was the world’s largest grilling session ever to take place.
- The most common food items served while grilling apart from meat are corn, potatoes, and grilled veggies.
- Grilled foods are loved by everyone no matter where you are. The very first BBR grill in the white house was hosted by Lyndon B. Johnson and featured Texas-style barbecued ribs. President Johnson enjoyed this pastime so much he even had barbecues installed on the roof of the White House.
With different techniques out there, you don’t require a high-end device to grill. A simple grill will be enough to make some smokey and juicy meat for you and your loved ones