Baby swings are the to-go options for parents when they are in need to calm the little one. But which out of the numerous options are the best for the little munchkin? We come across many parents who have to find themselves confused when it comes to choosing the best baby swing, given the options available in the market. Let’s see 5+ best baby swing options to choose from.
Enter Parenthoodbliss! Here is a quick guide to help you pick the best baby swing that is safe, durable, cost-efficient, and baby-friendly. So let’s dive in!
Top 5+ Best Baby Swing to Choose From In 2021!
Here are the best picks of baby swings for you;
1) Fisher-Price Cradle ‘n Swing Peek-A-Boo Fox
A fisher-Price baby cradle is 36.49 x 40.23 x 44.01 inches, weighs 4.4 pounds with a weight limit of 25 pounds, and is best suited for newborn babies up to 9 months old.
It features six-speed settings, swings two-way, comes with 16 different songs and nature sounds for your baby to listen to, needs an AC adapter, and is equipped with a three-point harness for safety.
- Has multiple speed options
- Can be stored easily
- Comes with a three-point harness
- Has no vibrating options
2) Graco Glider Lx Sway Simple Swing
Graco Glider Lx is 30 x 31 x 38 inches, weighs 17 pounds with a weight limit of 5.5 – 30 pounds, and is best suited for newborn babies up to 18 months old.
It features to be quite cozy and relaxed, has a five-point harness system, swings side-to-side, has six-speed options, has two vibration settings, and needs a battery to operate.
- Comes with a five-point harness
- Has 15 sound options to choose from
- Has speed and vibration options
- Provides head and seat support
- Includes removable toys
- Its assemble directions are rather poor
3) Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker
Graco DuetSoothe Swing and Rocker is 30.8 x 24.5 x 36 inches, weighs 21 pounds with a weight limit of 4 – 30 pounds, and is best suited for newborn babies up to 23 months old.
The baby swing features a five-point harness system, can swing side-to-side, comes with six-speed settings, a rechargeable battery, and can be transformed into a rocker within seconds.
- Has 15 soothing songs
- Is easy to handle
- Can be converted into a baby rocker
- Has a removable mobile
- Five-point harness for safety
- Reviews point out that it could get a little too noisy
4) Graco Soother EveryWay Baby Swing
Graco EveryWay Soother Baby Swing is 28 x 25.5 x 35 inches, weighs 22.5 pounds with a weight limit of 5.5 – 18 pounds, and needs an AC adapter to function.
The swing features 16 calming and relaxing motions, moves from side-to-side and front-to-back, has a removable baby seat, and can be converted into a rocker too.
- Can be converted into a rocker
- Is easy to handle
- Can swing side-to-side and front-to-back
- Has multiple speed options
- The seat is said to not lock into place
5) 4moms mamaRoo 4 Best Baby Swing
4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing is 33 x 19.5 x 25.5 inches, weighs 18.5 pounds with a weight limit of 25 pounds, and is best suited for newborn babies up to 6 months old.
It features five different swing-sway modes (figure-8, one big circle, and side-to-side), comes with multiple recline positions, four built-in song and sound options, can be connected to your phone via Bluetooth, and needs an AC adapter to function.
- Comes with a three-point harness for safety
- Has multiple swing modes
- Comes with multiple sounds and songs
- Can be connected to Bluetooth
- Is rather expensive
6) ingenuity Fanciful Forest Comfort 2 Go Portable Baby Swing
4moms mamaRoo 4 Baby Swing is 22.5 x 28.5 x 23 inches, weighs 9.11 pounds with a weight limit of 20 pounds, and is best suited for babies between 1 month to 9 months old.
It features a portable swing, can be easily folded, is travel-friendly, has a five-point harness, has 8 adorable songs and sound options, two recline positions, and a removable toy bar for extra fun.
- Is travel-friendly
- Comes with a five-point harness for safety
- Has multiple speed options to choose from
- Has a built-in timer
- Can only be used with batteries
To Conclude: What to Keep in Mind When Choosing the Right Baby Swing?
Here is a list of the things that you must keep in mind when you’re buying a baby swing:
1) The Durability
When it comes to choosing the best baby swings, you must make sure that it is a portable baby swing rather than being bulkier with unnecessary elements added to them that won’t come in use.
2) Its cost
No doubt, a baby swing could cost more than expected in most cases as it’s an expensive baby item. Nevertheless, it’s recommended to always have a budget in mind and pick one that’s a more reasonable option and can be upgraded later if the baby becomes fussy.
3) Longevity of the baby swing
Make sure to check the baby swing’s height and weight limits for it to fit your baby perfectly.
FAQs: 5+ Best Baby Swing Options To Choose From In 2021!
1) Are baby swings safe to use?
If and when used for the intended purpose, then the baby swings are the safest option to help soothe the little one. Nevertheless, you must make sure to supervise them when in it.
2) Is it ok for the baby to sleep in a baby swing?
As per the guidelines of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), it is not advisable for babies to sleep in the baby swing. Therefore, be mindful to remove the baby when asleep and lay them on a flat surface to sleep.
3) At what age can a baby use a baby swing?
As per professionals, a baby swing is suitable for babies from 6 months to 4 years old. That is when the baby is capable of sitting and can take control of its head.