Permanent Treatment For Gynecomastia, which is a condition that is treatable in case one develops as well as preventive in case one is prone to this. Before getting to the answer that every patient suffering from gynecomastia seeks, “What is the permanent solution for breast enlargement?’, let’s get some basics right.
What is Gynecomastia?
In this medical condition, the breast tissue in boys and men swell. In most severe cases, the breasts become feminine-like. This has some repercussions on their psychological and emotional development. Therefore, it is not advisable to delay the treatment of gynecomastia.
What are the causes of gynecomastia?
Before knowing Permanent Treatment For Gynecomastia and the reason for gynecomastia, let’s understand the anatomy of the male body. In the male body, there is a production of both male and female sex hormones- testosterone and estrogen in a required amount. Both these hormones stay in balance for the normal functioning of the body. Due to any circumstance, the normal hormonal levels can get disrupted leading to either increase in estrogen levels or a decrease in testosterone levels.
Some of the causes that have been identified by experts and researchers are discussed below.
- Age- The breast enlargement in males is a common phenomenon during infancy, puberty or old age. During infancy, due to the presence of estrogen from the mother’s womb, there can be some mild swelling which subsides eventually. Also, when the child reaches puberty there are hormonal changes that can cause swelling. Male, over 50, tend to produce less testosterone that can lead to gynecomastia.
- Certain medications- Researchers have found that taking certain drugs and supplements such as Cimetidine, Diazepam, Ketoconazole, Metronidazole, digoxin, amiodarone, efavirenz, anabolic steroids and androgens cause male breast enlargement as a common side effect.
- Suffering from specific health problems- Suffering from medical conditions such as tumors in the testicles, liver ailments, cirrhosis, hyperthyroidism can lower testosterone production in males.
- Ill effects of street drugs and alcohol- The medical compounds of street drugs and alcohol in excessive amounts can put off the normal hormone levels that can lead to swelling and puffiness of the breasts.
What are the symptoms of gynecomastia?
Permanent Treatment For Gynecomastia which is the condition in which the breasts in males enlarge. Hence, the most noticeable symptom that a person with gynecomastia experiences is male breast enlargement. In addition to this, symptoms develop as the patient experiences each grade of gynecomastia. Here’s what to expect in different grades of gynecomastia.
- Grade I symptoms- In the first stage of gynecomastia, the patient experiences mild breast enlargement that is not noticeable with clothing. There is minimal growth of the tissue around the area of nipples. The nipples lose their color and become puffy.
- Grade II symptoms- The chest becomes broader in this stage of gynecomastia as the tissue growth increases. Although the puffiness still remains untraceable by this stage, there are additional signs such as firmness under the nipple area and the softness and fattiness in the outer area.
- Grade III symptoms- People suffering from grade III gynecomastia develop excessive skin around the areola due to which the chest width increases. There is droopiness of the breasts which can be moderate to severe. Even while wearing loose-fitting clothing, the nipples are visible.
- Grade IV symptoms- By this stage, the patient develops women-like breasts. This has a psychological impact on their minds which restricts their growth, professional as well as personal. This stage of gynecomastia can only be cured with surgery.
What is the non-surgical treatment for gynecomastia?
For getting relief from symptoms of grade I and grade II of gynecomastia, one can consider treatment options that don’t require any surgical intervention. However, if proper treatment is not taken initially, the problem keeps getting worse with each passing day. Here are some options to be considered-
- Ayurveda for gynecomastia- As Ayurveda states that gynecomastia develops due to excessive obesity, it mainly focuses on using herbs and supplements that can remove the harmful toxins from the chest. There are several medicines that can be taken and certain herbs such as Haritaki, Yashtimadhu, and turmeric that are rich in anti-inflammatory properties.
- Medicines for gynecomastia- The United States Food and Drug Administration has given its approval to take two medicines for subsiding gynecomastia- Testosterone Replacement Therapy (TRT) and Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulators (SERMs). These drugs can bring
- back the hormonal levels to normal either by producing more testosterone or synthesis of estrogen. Foods to consume and avoid while suffering from gynecomastia- When a patient is suffering from gynecomastia, it’s best that they avoid canned items, packaged foods, deep-fried foods, alcoholic beverages that can worsen the inflammation. Instead of these, they should have leafy greens, berries, citrus fruits, raw milk, mushrooms, cereals, trout, eggs, meat, garlic, ginger, etc. that are loaded with anti-inflammatory properties.
- Exercises that can reduce gynecomastia- Exercising regularly to target the chest such as push-ups, planks, bench presses, dumbbell pullovers, etc. can reduce fat in the chest and therefore, flatten the chest. Cardio can also help in reducing fat from the overall body.
How effective are the non-surgical treatment options?
The effectiveness of non-surgical treatments such as medicines, drugs or Ayurvedic supplements is questionable. There is no scientific evidence nor empirical data that can back up the fact that these medicines can cure the male breast enlargement effectively. There is no indication related to the time needed for treating the problem or the extent of swelling that can be cured with the aforementioned medicines. Moreover, people who have undertaken these medicines for a couple of months continuously have reported no results at all. Additionally, they reported that they are suffering from several side effects such as severe headache, dizziness, chest pain, weakness in the arms or legs, etc.
Lifestyle modifications such as changes in the diet and exercises that target the pectoral and chest area may prove to be effective but only to some extent. As the fatty tissue in these areas is difficult to shed, solely depending on lifestyle factors are not sufficient. Therefore, people in Bangalore should consider a treatment that is completed within a few hours but at the same time offers permanent results. There are several gynecomastia clinics in Bangalore that are now offering such treatment.
What is the permanent solution for gynecomastia in Bangalore?
In case you are looking for a Permanent Treatment For Gynecomastia, consider the surgical option. The surgery of gynecomastia generally includes a VASER liposuction along with a gland excision surgery. This two-step surgery is preferred by several people in Bangalore due to the several benefits they offer including permanent results, minimal visible scarring, fast recovery, etc. Both procedures are performed under the influence of anesthesia which means the patient is unable to feel anything throughout the procedure. In addition to this, once the procedure is complete, the results are permanent with proper post-operative instructions. Get in touch with a gynecomastia doctor to know more about the same.