In the age of growing consciousness towards good health, there are various strategies to lose weight including fat burning supplements sold across the world.
There are basically two ways you can lose weight:
- By regulating your diet and reducing the number of extra calories.
- By adding supplements which reduce appetite, makes you feel fuller so that you eat fewer calories, reduces the absorption of nutrients like fat, makes you take in fewer calories and increases fat burning making you burn more calories.
- Fat burning supplements claim to burn fat by increasing fat metabolism, decreasing fat absorption and increasing weight loss and fat oxidation during exercise. Often, these supplements contain a number of ingredients, each with its own proposed mechanism of action and it is often claimed that the combination of these substances will have additive effects. Whether it’s burning off fat, building muscle that robs energy from adipose cells, revving your metabolism and ability to burn fat, or helping you feel fuller longer so you consume fewer calories, fat burner supplements must be accompanied with proper diet and exercise.
Table of Contents
Are Fat Burning Supplements Safe?
Different people respond to each supplement differently. We have different metabolism, some of the mechanisms by which these fat burners operate may not be suited or needed for some individuals. Some supplements work better than others for some people. Therefore, it?s probably a better idea to try each one separately, before investing and consuming a multitude of various fat burners.
If you are planning to turn to supplements remedies for weight loss, keep in mind that research gives many of them mixed reviews. Make sure you go through important information on fat burners like analysis on Powher Fat Burner. However, keep in mind that fat burning supplements are not an alternative to diet and exercises.
Proteins help in making you feel full for longer. It activates the body’s signals that reduce appetite, overeating and cravings. A high protein intake boosts metabolism, reduces appetite and changes several weight-regulating hormones. Protein from food sources are inversely related to belly fat. This means that the higher protein foods you eat, the lesser will your belly fat be. Vegan protein supplements may be a good option along with your diet.
Green Tea and Green Tea Extract
Green tea has gained tremendous popularity as an all-around health remedy, touted to burn fat due to a combination of its caffeine and catechins?antioxidants that are plentiful in green tea. When it comes to losing weight, drinking a few cups of??passion fruit green tea?into your diet is a good idea. It seems that this combination of ingredients is responsible for its weight loss properties. It?s unclear exactly how much green tea is safe to drink, partially because concentrations of catechins can vary widely from cup to cup. A few cups per day is probably safe.
Yohimbine is a ?natural? supplement extracted from the yohimbine tree. Yohimbine is similar to other stimulants like caffeine in that it activates the sympathetic nervous system and increases your energy expenditure. But yohimbine affects different receptors, which gives yohimbine a few unique properties. Yohimbine’s ability to block the alpha-2 adrenergic receptors located in fat cells could lead to increased fat loss and weight loss.
Caffeine increases fat burning during exercise. Caffeine doesn?t cause you to burn a lot more calories from a workout, it shifts your calorie burn to use more fat. When you work out, your body burns a certain number of calories. Those calories can come from either stored carbs or stored fat. The more energy your body burns every day, the more body fat you can lose, and that?s why caffeine is an effective fat burner.
Orlistat is a pharmaceutical drug, sold over-the-counter and under prescription as Xenical. This weight loss drug is intended for overweight adults ages 18 and older who follow a reduced-calorie, low-fat diet. Orlistat belongs to a class of drugs called lipase inhibitors. It blocks the intestines from absorbing about 25% of the fat that you eat. Fats that aren?t absorbed leave your body through bowel movements.
Medically Prescribed Supplements
The most common prescription weight loss drugs are:
- liraglutide (Saxenda)
- naltrexone-bupropion (Contrave)
- phentermine (Adipex-P, Ionamin, Pro-Fast)
- phentermine-topiramate (Qsymia)
Before you get a weight loss drug prescription, inform your doctor about your medical history. Commercial fat-burning supplements are widely available and easy to access. They often don?t live up to their claims and may even harm your health because they are mixed with other ingredients.
On a positive note, the natural supplements listed above can help you burn fat when added to a healthy routine. Keep in mind that a supplement cannot replace a healthy diet and regular exercises.