Before logging onto , and dipping your toe into the newest development in online casino technology, it?s probably best that you master the original version of the game. Blackjack has been around since the 18th century, and developed greatly ever since! At this point, the latest type of Blackjack is not only online, but live! Now that you can play a live game of Blackjack from the comfort of your own home, it?s certainly time to wrap your head around the ways of the game. Read on for our top tips about blackjack for beginners.
Gambling expert John Marchell says that one of the most important things that you should do, before trying your luck at a Blackjack table, is memorise the correct way to hit, stand, and split down on all your hands. He goes on to offer the following notes:
- Stand when your hand is 12-16 and the dealer has 2-6
- Hit when your hand equals 12-16 and the dealer has a 7-Ace
- Always split Aces and 8s when they appear within your hand
- Double 11 if the dealer holds 2-10
- Hit or double Aces-6
The dealer?s up-card
Before you make any moves, it?s important that you take a look at the dealer?s up-card ? the one card that they have on show. What the dealer holds will make all the difference on what action you should take, as your main goal is to beat the dealer ? above just shooting for 21.?
Slow and steady
Now, we all know how the excitement of a real Blackjack table, along with the ambience of a bustling casino, can allow almost anyone to get a bit carried away. But it?s important to remember to start small, and assess whether the dealer is ?hot? or ?cold?. Once you get the feel for whether or not the game is set to go your way, then you can consider if you want to increase your bets.?
Go against the myths
Like any game of chance, there are a lot of myths associated with Blackjack, many of which dictate how you should and shouldn?t play. Myths are a lot like rumours, and hold very little truth ? but it doesn?t stop people from getting swept away in their ideology! Some of the main myths surrounding Blackjack are as follows:
- ?Always assume that the dealer?s facedown card is valued at a 10?. This is complete nonsense as there are only 16 cards with a value of 10 in a standard 52 card deck, meaning that a 10 is only likely to have been dealt with every 3.25 cards. So, the likelihood of the dealer always having a ?secret? 10 is quite unlikely.?
- ?Try to imitate the dealer?s moves?. A lot of beginners will think that, because the dealer has a better chance of winning, then the best thing to do is to try and mirror their choices throughout the game. When players try to follow this approach, they forget the fact that the dealer will always have an advantage, as they usually go second ? meaning that if the player goes bust, then the dealer automatically wins. So maybe not the best idea!
So, now you know the basic facts, along with dos and don?ts, for when you decide to make your debut on the Blackjack tables, or the live Blackjack rooms at your favourite online casino!