It may seem that the number of textbooks and lecture notes might make it challenging for the students to read anything beyond their curriculum, yet it is far from the truth. As the PEW Statistics regarding the college-age reading degree show, the students are reading just the same way today as they did in the past with the only difference being the digital aspect of things. Since we are dealing with the blog posts and the web pages, it is still not the same since the book is always edited and precisely adjusted to have the introduction and the conclusion. Considering this important factor, here are some top books that each student should read:
- “You Can Win” by Shiv Khera is one of those books that every modern student will find beneficial because it helps to stay positive no matter what. As all our plans have failed and we are stuck indoors and study remotely, this book is a great solution that helps to see the light through the darkness. The book is asking every reader to be strong and let nothing disturb one’s peace of mind. While it is not a textbook or a set of solutions, it is a piece of writing that helps to explain how things work. For example, if you are not able to cope with some odd homework task, you can turn to the best essay writing services and get things done. It may sound simple, yet if one understands that help is out there, things feel much easier because we all need a little bit of guidance!
- “The Kite Runner” by Khaled Hosseini is not an easy book to read, yet it is one of the most emotional and powerful stories that you will always remember. Khaled has a unique style that forces the audience to think over one’s actions and attitude to life. It has this special something that brings you back to your childhood times and helps to bring out your fears as you face your life in a different way. Without giving the plot away, this book is about friendship and trust through the years where love prevails. The reason why this book is so famous is that it tells about various cultures and the ways how a person is often left alone, coping with the inner fears and the struggles that we all have CustomEssayMeister. here is poems for student.
- “Life of Pi” by Yann Martel is a great story that every student will enjoy. It has a great style and lots of interesting aspects that will let you learn about life and nature. It tells the story of a youngster who escapes the shipwreck with a large Bengal tiger. This story is easy to read and has enough humor to make the content interesting. It is a deep psychological narration that will help every student understand how to tell a story. If you want to learn more about various writing styles, check out the WritingUniverse and see how you can shape your narration. Reading this amazing book, you will also see how to illustrate things and see what factors are the most important as you want to make your message across.
- Eat That Frog! (Great Ways to Stop Procrastinating and Get More Done in Less Time by Brian Tracy. This international bestseller is a must-have for every student. This book has been translated into 40 languages, which only shows the success of this book as it has the best that education and psychology could achieve and share. Reading this book, you will learn how to handle various aspects of your life and learning. It is not only about planning but about mastering the information as you learn how to perceive all the controversial things that we all see and hear.
- Americanah by Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie is a powerful story that not only every student living in the global community has to know but every person who wants to explore this world. It is a thoughtful narration that helps to challenge inequality, gender roles, and racial prejudice. As we are living through the times of Black Lives Matter, this book explains quite a lot and shows how one can fight every day and make a change to eliminate oppression. This book will make you cry, read some passages again, and share them with your friends as you learn how to see past what you hear in the news or online.
- Thinking Fast and Slow by Daniel Kahneman is for those students who would like to explore both conscious and unconscious thinking patterns. Penned by a Nobel Prize winner, this book is like a great revelation that will help you see why certain decisions are made and how the information we encounter motivates us to do better to make wrong decisions in certain cases. This book will always open up new horizons as you read it more than once or come back to it after you have been through some thinking and inner analysis.
Digital vs Books in Print
The books in print are still important since we are dealing with the tactile aspect of things where our brain is able to focus on the lines printed on paper without being distracted by the computer screen’s frequency and the constant alerts. It is not only a cultural aspect of how one is used to reading because we can read both digital and print books as we study, depending on where we are or how we would like to approach things. The most important is to remember that a book in print can be read anywhere as we travel or walk through the park. It also helps to stay focused as we explore the world.