Are you hosting a party for some friends? Trying to make it something special? Something to be remembered? Well, fear no more, tequila got you covered. More than a third (39%) of parties hosted by the youth contain alcohol in some form.?
Source: National Center for Biotechnology Information
What is tequila?
Tequila is a distilled beverage made of the fruit of the blue agave plant. Mostly produced in the area around the city of Tequila in the Central Western state of Jalisco, Mexico.
Tequila contains between 35 % AND 75 % alcohol. However, according to the US and Canada standards, it must contain 40% alcohol to be legally sold as tequila.
Whether you want a simple toast to a friend or a bachelorette, tequila has everything you need to have a good time. With a dash of salt and lime tequila’s can be a quick fix to a terrible bar crawl.
So we’re here to tell you how tequila’s can turn your party into an unforgettable bash like no other:
- The tasteful, unique flavor:
Tequila unlike most wines and champagne isn’t made from grapes, it has the unique flavor and feel of the agave fruit. Being a primarily Mexican drink, it pairs well with Mexican food like tacos and nachos which are party foods by themselves. This can give a Mexican twist to your party and make it fun for everyone involved.
The bottle haus provides you some of the best Mexican tequila.
Some finely aged tequila can be used in any recipe to give a grand flavor and texture you won’t get from any other drink.
Tequila can be mixed with tonnes of unique foods and drinks to give you a number of delicious drinks to enjoy. You could have:
- Casa Ginger Mint Paloma, a tasteful drink made with mint leaves, grapefruit juice, fresh lime, and simple syrup, garnished with a slice of grapefruit and a mint sprig.
- Oaxacan Old Fashioned, a traditional drink of tequila, mezcal, angostura bitters, and a dash of Xocolatl Bitters stirred together and served over the rocks with an orange peel and it’s oils.
- The Marble Queen, a simple recipe of tequila, cream of coconut, and lime juice, all stirred together, shaken over ice, and served with a spiced rum.
- The strong alcohol:
Is a party really a party unless you get blackout drunk? Tequila has a rather high alcohol content, making it quite quick to give you the kick you’ve been looking for. Alcohol can drop your inhibitions and make partying with an introverted gang a whole lot of fun.
Tequila has a powerful punch and can knock you senseless within just a few shots, so remember not to go over the boundaries or you’ll end up with a horrible migraine and nothing else.
Taken in the right dosage, tequila can enhance the overall atmosphere, lighten the mood and break the ice a whole lot quicker, maybe you could even ask that girl or guy that you fancy out?
As was earlier mentioned, it can be used to make hundreds of drinks, so you don’t really have to worry about variety either.
- The health benefits:
Tequila is made from the fruit of the agave plant. This is why it has a particular kind of sugar known as agavins.?
- These don’t raise blood sugar unlike other beverages such as beer.?
Apart from this,?
- they help with digestion when they stimulate your metabolism,?
act as a fantastic probiotic agent as the fructans off tequila will help the bacteria flourish,?
- lowers the chances of dementia,?
- drops the chance of suffering from osteoporosis greatly as the agavins help with calcium absorption,?
- and last but definitely not least, 100 % pure agave tequila is completely hangover free. That’s right, you won’t have any more horrible mornings.
However, keep in mind the fact that although tequila is a lot healthier as an alternative to some beverages, it is still an alcoholic drink and can seriously harm your liver in the long run or at worst, kill you.
Consumption of this delicious Mexican specialty is a treat for your tastebuds and will definitely be enjoyed by people of every age. So if you’re going to have a party with drinks make sure to include this authentic Mexican party drink.