It’s hard to say when the time is right to repaint your home’s exterior. Sometimes it seems like every few years we’re told that we need a new coat of paint, while other times it feels like our homes will last forever!
In this blog post, we’ll discuss some telltale signs that indicate it might be time for a fresh coat of paint. We’ll also provide some tips on how to choose the right colour for your home. Whatever you choose, make sure to get the best exterior paint in the market!
Table of Contents
Is it time for a repaint?
So how do you know if it’s time to repaint the outside of your home? Check out these signs:
- Peeling, cracking or chalking paint. If you can notice these signs on your home’s exteriors, it’s time to hire professional painters and get a fresh coat of paint. Or if you have the skills, you can also do it yourself.
- Fading of colour. Fading usually happens because of direct sunlight, which causes the pigment in the paint to break down over time. A simple repaint will bring back that vibrancy!
- Mould and Mildew growth. When there’s an accumulation of moisture on your home exterior walls due to weather conditions like rain and humidity, mould and mildew start growing. This is why you should choose a quality mould-resistant paint when painting the exteriors of your house.
- Harmful effects of weather. Weather can cause a lot of damage to the exterior walls of your house and leave them looking dull and worn-out. This is why it’s important to choose the right kind of paint that will protect your home from wear and tear due to extreme temperatures, dust, rain, snow or hail.
Choosing the best exterior paint colour
Picking the perfect colour for your home’s exteriors can be overwhelming at first. But don’t worry — we have some tips to help you out:
- Consider your neighbourhood. If all homes in your area are painted with neutral colours like beige or grey, pick a similar shade so that yours fits in nicely with its surroundings.
- Pick a colour that complements your home’s style. For example, if you have a traditional-style house, choose an earthy hue like brown or green.
- Consider the outdoor elements. If your home is constantly exposed to direct sunlight and high temperatures, pick lighter shades for it so that it doesn’t absorb too much heat and fade quickly.
- Think about how much maintenance you can do. If you don’t have the time to maintain your home’s exteriors, choose a colour that won’t require frequent retouching.
We hope this post has been helpful in providing you with some tips on when it’s time to repaint your home’s exteriors and how to pick the right paint colour. At the end of the day, it’s important to remember that your house should reflect who you are and fit in with its surrounding environment. So, choose wisely!
Do you have home exterior paint tips you want to share? Feel free to comment below!